MBA QUESTION BANK
PREPARE ANSWERS FOR THE FOLLOWING TOPICS IN 5-6 PAGES
PAPER –I :Management Process:
1.Definition,functions and principles of management, skills of managers
3.Social responsibilities of business
5.Methods of department
6.Span of control.
7.Meaning,principles and advantages of delegation
8.Line and staff conflicts
11.MotivationTheories - X&Y, Maslows, Herzberg
14.Communication importance ,barriers, process of communication,
Principles of effective communication?
15.Controlling process ,methods
16.Planning process, premises, importance
17.Forecasting significance, methods
18.Decession making process, methods of group decession
19.Management By Objectives.
20.Schools of management thought.
PAPER –II: QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES:
1.How many permitations can be obtained from the letters of the word “ATLANTIC”
2.Explain the relative merits and demerits of different sampling methods
3.What is linear regression
4.A person takes a P.F loan for Rs.32,500 and repays Rs.200 in the first month and
increases the payment by Rs.150 every succeeding month. In how many months will be able to repay the loan completely.
5.The marginal cost function of a product is given by dc/dq = 100-100q+0.1q2.
Where q is output ,obtained the total and the average cost function of the firm under the assumption that is fixed cost is Rs.500.
6. “Time series analysis is one of the most powerful methods for short term forecasting” Justify this statement.
7.Distinguish between correlation coefficient and rank correlation
8.The R and D expenditure (x) and annual profits (y) of a company are given for the cost 8 years.
Year 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001
X 9 7 5 10 4 5 3 2
Y 45 42 41 60 30 34 25 20
Find the regression line of Y on X and estimate Y if X=6.
9.A man draws at random 3 balls from a bag containing 6 red and 5 white balls. What is the chance of getting the balls all red?
10.A problem is given to three managers A,B and C whose chances of solving it ½, 1/3, ¼ respectively. What is the probability that the problem will be solved?
11.If 5% of the electric bulbs manufactured by a company are defective find the
probability that in a sample of 100 bulbs non-is defective.
12.The mean yield of non-acre plot is 662kg. With S.D 32Kg . Assuming normal
distribution ,how many one acre plots in a batch of 1000 plots would you expect to have yield over 700Kg.
13.Explain in detail, through appropriate examples , the concept of
(ii)Significance levels of testing of hypothesis.
14.State the poission probability distribution and its application with suitable examples.
15.The means of two large samples of size 1000 and 2000 are 67.5 and 68 respectively. Test the equality of means of the two populations each with S.D. 2.5
16.The sales data of a product before and after special sales promotional campaign.
Shops 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Before promotional 60 65 55 52 58 63 61 59
After promotional 65 68 52 48 55 60 68 66
Can the promotional campaign be judged to be a success?
17.A machine put out 16 imperfect articles in a sample of 500. After the machine is
overhauled ,it puts out 3 imperfect articles in a batch of 100. Has the machine improved at 5% significance level?
18.From the following data use CHI-Square test and conclude whether innocculation is effective in preventing T.B.
Attacked Not attacked
Innoculated 31 469
Not-innoculated 185 1315
19. State binomial theorem
20.Find the sum of all natural numbers from 100 to 300.
21.Define conditional probability with an example
22.Define two types of errors in testing of statistical hypothesis
23.Give any two applications of Chi-Square test
24.Find four numbers in A.P. Whose sum is 20 and the sum of whose squares is 120.
25.Define (i)probability (ii)conditional probability.
26.Expand by binomial theorem: (2x+3y)5
27.Explain the area property of Normal Distribution.
28 Define (i)Null hypothesis (ii)Alternative hypothesis (iii)Type I and type II errors.
29.What are the assumptions in a t-test?
30.What is a scatter diagram?
What are the additional and multiplicative models of time series?
31.Find the 15th term of an A.P. whose first term is 12 and common difference is 2.
32.State Baye’s theorem. Give any two applications of it .
33.Define t-statistics. What are the assumptions of t-test for difference of means?
34.What is a contingency table? What is a test of goodness of fit/
35.Write the two regression lines. What are the properties of regression coefficients.
36.The cost of fuel in running an engine is proportional to the square of the speed and is Rs.48 per hour for a speed of 16 m.p.h. other costs amount to Rs.300 per hour. What is the most economical speed?
37.How many arrangements can be made with the letter of the word ‘MATHEMATICS’
(i)In how many of them vowels are together ?
(ii)In how many of them both T do not come together?
38.State addition and multiplication rules of probability out of numbers 1 to 250 one number is selected at random, what is the probability that it is divisible of 7 or 9
39.Manufacturers of a certain hair tonic believed that 20% of population listen to their advertisement program on radio. How ever a sample survey of 50 people revealed that 25 people listen to their radio programme. Find the probability that
(i)at least 5 out of 20%
(ii)at the most 5 out of20%
(iii)exactly 5 out of 20% of the population time the programme
40.Tests were made at short intervals on spark plugs of two manufacturers. The following tabulation gives the number of hours of service given by plugs from two sources:
A : 200 210 190 200 190 200 108 200 200 210
B : 190 200 210 190 180 190 200 192
Does these results indicate a statistically significant difference between the spark plugs so far as mean length of services is concerned?
41.What do you mean by ‘Analysis of time series’? explain the various components of a time series. explain giving example the least square method of measuring the trend.
42.Calculate rank correlation from the following data and interpret the result
X: 38 28 35 38 18 16 65 24 16 57
Y: 8 8 24 6 15 4 15 9 6 19
43.In a bolt factory machines A,B and C manufactures respectively 25%, 35% and 40%.of the total of their output 5,4 and 2 percent are defective bolts. A bolt is drawn at a Random from the product and is found to be defective. What are the probabilities that it was manufactured by machines A,BandC.
44.Of a large group of men 5% are under 60 inches of height and 40% are between 60 and 65 inches. assuming a normal distribution find the mean height and standard deviation.
45.Obtain an appropriate line of regression for the following data and estimate the blood pressure of a man whose age is 50 years.
Age(yrs) 65 38 56 42 72 36 63 47 55 45
Blood pressure: 145 124 147 125 160 118 149 128 150 124
46.Four machines A,B,C,D are used to manufacture parts which are classified as first, second and third grade. The quality control engineer wants to test whether the quality of the product from four machines is the same. Data available for the machines may be tabulated as follows:
Machine A B C D Total
First grade 620 750 400 530 2300
Second grade 130 200 140 130 600
Third grade 50 50 60 40 200
Total 800 1000 600 700 3100
Carry out an appropriate analysis and suggest to the quality control engineer.
47.The total cost function for producing a commodity in x quantity is TC=6012x+2x.
find (i)average cost function (ii)the level of out put at which this function is minimum.(iii)marginal cost function.
48.A car is purchased for Rs.1,00,000.Depreciation is calculated at 6% per annum forthe first 4 years and 11%per annum for the next 4years.Find the money value of the car after 8 years.
49.A boat crew consists of 8 men 3 of whom can only row on one side and 2only one the other. Find the number of ways in which the crew can be arranged.
50.What are the conditions for the application of Binomial Distribution.
Out of 200 families with 5 children each, what percentage would be expected to have
(i)2 boys and 3 girls (ii)at least one boy? Assume equal probability for boys and girls.
51.Explain the importance of normal distribution. The mean and s.d. of the wages of 6000 workers engaged in a factory are Rs.1,200 and Rs.400 respectively. Assuming the distribution to be normally distributed estimate
(i)percentage of workers getting wages above 1,600
(ii)number of workers getting wages between Rs.600 and 900
(iii) number of workers getting wages between Rs.1,100 and Rs.1,500
52.Ten students were given intensive coaching for a month in statistics. The score obtained in tests 1 and 5 are given below:
SNo. of Students: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Marks in 1st test: 50 52 53 60 65 67 48 69 72 80
Marks in 5th test: 65 55 65 65 60 67 49 82 74 86
Does the score from test 1 to 5 shown an improvement?
53.The employees in 4 different firms are distributed in three cell frequencies shown in the following table. Test the hypothesis that there is no relationship between the firm and the type of labour.
Type of labour Firm
A B C D
Skilled 24 24 23 49
Semiskilled 32 60 37 51
Manual 24 56 40 80
54.Given below are the figures of production (in lakh kg) of a sugar factory.
Year: 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005
Production : 40 45 46 42 47 50 46
Fit a straight line trend and tabulate the trend. Estimate the production for the year 2007.
55.Using the following data obtain two regression equations. Hence find the correlation coefficient.
X 16 21 26 23 28 24 17 22 21
Y 33 38 50 39 52 47 35 43 41
56.In a factory which manufactures bolts, machine A,B and C manufacture respectively 25%, 35% and 40% of bolts. Of their output 5, 4 and 2 percent are respectively defective bolts. A bolt is drawn at random from the product and is found to be defective. What is the probability it is manufactured by the (i)machine A (ii)machine B (iii)machine C (iv)manufactured by machine B or C?
PAPER-III: MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS:
1.Managerial economics-meaning and scope
2.Role and responsibilities of managerial economist
3.Fundamental concepts of managerial economics
4.Theory of firm
7.Law of demand and demand curve
8.Determinents of production
9.Isoquant and Isocost
11.Oligopoly and Duopoly
13.Price determination and output determination under oligopoly
17.Returns to scale
18.Law of Diminishing returns
19.Short run and long run –Production &Cost
1.Nature and significance of business environment
2.Internal and external factors of business environment
3.Environmental scanning and monitoring
4.Significance and elements of economic environment
7.Foreign trade policy
10.Consumer Protection Act
11.LPG-Liberalisation Privatization Globalization
12.Critical elements of political environment
14.Industrial licensing policy
15.Critical elements of socio cultural environment
16.Technological environment in India
20.International economic institutions
PAPER-V: MANAGERIAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT :
1.Communication –need, nature and significance
5.Written communication –forms, advantages and disadvantages
6.Barriers in communication
8.Importance of listening
9.Guidelines for effective listening.
10.An effective presentation
11.Basic skills of communication managers
PAPER -VI:INDIAN ETHOS AND VALUES :
1.Indian Ethos and Values-Introduction
2.Indian social structure
3.Model of management in the Indian socio-political environment
5.Indian heritage in production and consumption
7.Stress in corporate environment
8.Managing stress and Indian perspective
9.Values for managers
10.Holistic approach for managers
11.Decession making-holistic approach
12.Secular vs. spiritual values in management
13.Indian education system
14.Personal growth and lessons from ancient education system
15.Science and human values
16.Emerging trends in Indian ethos.
19.Contemporary managers and ethos
20.Ethics and social responsibilities of corporates
PAPER-VII:ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS
1.Define management accounting and explain role of accounting in the context of decision making.
“Management Accounting aims at providing financial results of the business to the management for decision making .”Explain by bringing out advantages of management accounting.
2.Discuss the application of ratio analysis in the interpretation of financial statements and in financial analysis. What are its limitations?
3.What is budgetary control? State the main objectives of budgetary control. What are the main steps in budgetary control?
4.What is funds flow statement? Explain its use and significance for management.
5.What is meant by Zero based budgeting? What are different steps involved in it and how it is used to the business?
6.’Responsibility accounting consists of accumulation and reporting of costs by levels of responsibility with in a organization’. Comment
7.What are the essential characteristics of budgetary control? How do you classify budgets.
8.Describe various characteristics of Ideal Financial Statements.
9.Discuss in detail the functions of Management Accounting? Explain the nature and scope of management accounting.
10. What do you understand by Budgetary Control? What are the advantages of this system?
11.”The techniques of managerial costing can be a valuable aid to management” Discuss.
State the principles and advantages of marginal costing.
12.Discuss various inventory valuation methods and also explain relative merits and demerits.
13.”The Managerial Objectives of Accounting arc to provide data to help management plan and control operations” Discuss.
14.Explain about the tools of financial statement analysis. What is the most appropriate tool to analyze the profitability of an organization?
15.Explain the generally accepted principles of accounting.
16.Explain the concept, scope and importance of financial accounting.
17.Explain the assumptions and managerial uses of break-even analysis.
18.Discuss various depreciation methods and explain relative merits and demerits.
20.Standard costing and variance analysis.
PAPER-VIII:COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN MANAGEMENT
1.What is a computer and explain the characteristics of computer?
2.Write about generations of computers?
3.a)What are the components of computer system?
b)What are the elements of computer system?
4.What is an operating system? Write about Dos & Windows?
5.How do you create an spread sheet application-what is the range function &
database function in spread sheet?
6.Explain charts and graphs on a spread sheet?
7.What do you mean by data files? What are the types of data files.
8.Explain about input & output devices?
9.Software programs vs. Application programs
10.What are the steps in the software development process?
11.Explain about different types of networks?
12.Explain file designing and report designing?
13.What are the steps in the program development cycle?
14.What do you mean by flow chart in computer ? what are the different symbols used in
15.What do you mean by Database? What are the types of database?
16.Benefits and limitations of database management?
17.Explain file management system / file organization?
18.Write the features of presentation graphics?
19.Explain PC management in business organization?
20.Explain about computer languages?
MBA SECOND SEMESTER MARKETING MANAGEMENT
1. Define and Explain Critically the term “Marketing” and describe its functions?
2. What do you mean by marketing environment. Describe the micro and macro environment factors?
3. Discuss the present day importance of marketing research and what is the contribution of marketing research in marketing decision?
4. What is marketing segmentation? What factors influence it ?
5. Explain Consumer and Industrial goods. What are the differences in the marketing of both type of goods?
6. What do you mean by product? Explain the influence factors in the change of product?
7. What do you mean by Product Life Cycle? What are the gradual stages in it?
8. Describe the importance of product planning? List the steps in the development of New Product?
9. Explain different kinds of Brands and its importance?
10. Explain the Different types of Pricing strategies?
11. Discuss the various approaches to the selection of channels of distribution?
12. Discuss the various forms of promotional Mix/ activities? State the factors which effects them?
13. Describe the types of advertising media and discuss their merits and demerits?
14. What are the common procedures in use of determining the advertising budget?
15. What are the various types sales promotional tools?
16. Explain the concept of:
a. Brand equity
17. Explain the concept of Marketing-mix?
18. Define the following:
a) Green marketing
c) Tele marketing
d) Web marketing
19. Write about the VMS ? state various forms of VMS.
Write about the Consumerism
1. Difine O.B. out line its nature, objectives and scope?
2. What are the various challenges and opportunities of O.B.
3. Discuss how O.B. is an inter disciplinary subject?
4. Define perception. Explain the perceptual process and factors influencing perception
5. What are the various barr4iers in perceptual accuracy? How do you overcome it?
6. Define the term learning. Out line its characteristics?
7. Theories of learning
8. Define personality? What are its determinants?
9. Explain theories of personality?
10. Stages of personality?
11. What is group dynamics? Explain various types of groups?
12. Transactional analysis
13. Johari window
.14. What is organizational change? Process and characteristics of change?
15. What is resistance to change and over coming of resistance to change?
16. What is conflict and explain sources of conflicts?
17. What are the various levels of conflicts and strategies for conflict resolution?
18. Define organization culture and its characteristics?
19 How an organization can create culture and sustaining the culture?
20. What is organizational development and its charecterstics, objectives?
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. Explain the importance of human resource planning in the changing industrial environment of today.
2. In view of globalization and liberalization of the economy, what challenges do you envisage in future of HRM professionals.
3. What are the objectives of performance appraisal in an organization? What are the various process faced in the performance appraisal?
4. Discuss the importance of HRD for Worker empowerment
5. Why do industrial conflicts arise? How do you resolve them?
6. Explain the existing Employee Welfare measures provided by different Acts?
7. What techniques would you use to conduct job analysis?
8. Describe the challenges of HRM?
9. How is recruitment differ from Selection. What are the steps involved in selection process?
10. Indicate the causes and consequences of Employee absenteeism?
11. Elucidate the principles of wage fixation?
12. How do you identify the training needs of an organization? state various methods involved in training the employee.
13. Explain the conditions for effective collective bargaining?
14. Enumerate the structural weakness of Indian Trade Unions?
15. Discuss the significance and steps involved in the implementation of disciplinary procedure?
16. Trace out the role of state in industrial relations.
17. Discuss in detail the Quality of Work life.
18. Describe the Job Evaluation concept?
19. state the following:
c) Skills of HR manager
20. What are the functions of HRM? Explain the various qualities essential for a HR manager.
1. Define Research and explain the process of Research.
2. What are the steps involved in formulating a Research problem.
3. What are the different types of Research designs?
4. SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Sciences).
5. ANOVA (F-Test), Chi-Square test.
6. What are the different sources of Secondary information?
7. What are the different techniques to be used for collecting the primary data.
8. What are the different types of data to be collected for a research?
9. What is an Experimental Design?
10. Define Hypothesis.
11. How a Hypothesis will be formulated and tested.
12. What are the characteristics of a good research?
13. What are the characteristics of a usable hypothesis?
14. What are the steps to be followed when designing a questionnaire?
15. How an attitude can be measure by using different research techniques.
16. How a sample can be designed and what are the different techniques used for designing the sample.
17. What is the difference between Probability and Non probability sampling techniques.
18. Multi dimensional scaling.
19. Factor analysis
20. Conjoint analysis.
BUS 2.6 PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Meaning , Origin and growth of Merchant Banking in India
- Services Offered by Merchant Bankers
- Role and performance of Merchant Banks and their Importance in India
- Definition, Origin, Concept and growth of Mutual Funds
- Constitution and management of Mutual funds
- SEBI guidelines on Mutual Funds
- Merits and demerits of Mutual Funds
- Types and Schemes of Mutual Funds
- Performance of Mutual Funds in India
- Concept of Lease and various types of Lease
- Growth and prospects for Leasing industry in India
- Hire Purchase, Meaning, origin and growth
- Features of valid hire purchase contract
- Accounting methods of Hire purchase
- Factoring meaning, origin and growth
- Importance of factoring and its benefits
- Critically evaluate introduction of factoring and its future in India
- Trace out the origin and development of credit cards
- What are the benefits of credit cards to the parties
- Definition, origin and growth of venture capital
- Importance of venture capital and steps involved in obtaining venture capital
- problems and prospects for venture capital in India
- Credit rating –meaning, agencies , procedures
- Discuss in detail the types/modes of International Business
- Write about EPRG framework
- Illustrate the Environment elements in Int. Business
- Write about the international trade theories
- Describe the various international institutions supporting Int. Business.
- Elaborate the role of Tariff and Non-tariff barriers on Int. Business
- Write about regional Blocks/economic integration
- Discuss in detail about WTO
- Balance of Payments and India Critically evaluate
- Write the impact of Global competitiveness on Int. Business
- Describe Globalisation and write the pros and cons of Globalisation.
- Define CSR? Discuss in detail the Social Responsibility with Int. Business.
- write about export management
- What if FDI? Illustrate in detail the concept of FDI
- Write about the theories and methods of FDI
- State in detail the International Cultural Environment
- Int. Political Envt.
- Int. Legal Envt.
- World Financial Markets
- World Bank
- Joint ventures
- Business Diplomacy and Negotiations
- Investment Theories
- Free trade areas
- Economic systems
- Elements of culture
- Int. production decisions
- Int. financial envt.
1. define the nature and scope of Knowledge Management(KM)
2. explain the different types of knowledge
3. describe the components of KM life cycle
4. elucidate the roadmap of knowledge management
5. explain KM frame work and the critical success factors in KM implementation
6. elaborate the key drives of KM
7. what is knowledge sharing and why people resist to share knowledge
8. explain the pillars of KM and how they will support the KM system in the organization
9. define 8c’s for creating effective KM
10. elaborate the different technology components for KM
11. elucidate the following:
a) bench marking and KM
b) E-commerce and KM
c)TQM and KM
12 who is a knowledge worker and explain the functions and responsibilities
13. describe the role of HR manager in managing knowledge worker
14. explain the organizational learning system and its out comes
- knowledge hierarchy
- KM related strategies
- Knowledge gap analysis
- knowledge spiral
- group ware
- six laws of KM
- supply chain management
- chief knowledge officer
- customer relationship management
- KM applications
- Explain the Markowitz Portfolio Selection Model.
- Explain the Sharpe Index model. How does it differ from the Markowitz model?
- What are the basic assumptions of CAPM? What are the advantages of adopting CAPM model in the portfolio management?
- Distinguish between the Security Market Line(SML) and Capital Market Line(CML)
- Explain the Arbitrage Pricing Theory
- Distinguish between Trenyor and Sharpe indices of portfolio performance? Which do you recommend? Why?
- Explain the Jensen index of portfolio performance.
- “ Formula plans help the investors to overcome being emotionally attached to stock”- Explain
- How does the constant rupee plan differ from constant ratio plan?
- Discuss the emergence of Corporate Portfolio Management in India
- Explain the concept of FAMA’s decomposition
- ‘Buy and hold will certainly will not be the right choice in a economic meltdown environment’- Support in favor of this statement.
- Consider the following data
Portfolio Avg.Return SD Beta
A 18 3 1.2
B 16 4 0.8
C 22 4 1.4
D 20 4 1.6
E 19 3.2 0.7
Nifty 15 2.8 --
T-Bills 7 --- --
Rank all the Portfolios under the following evaluation techniques a) Sharpe b) Trenyor c) Jensen
- Mr. David is considering a optimum portfolio. The market return forecast says that it would be 13.5 percent for the next two years with the market variance of 10 percent. The risk less rate of return is 5 percent. The following securities are under review. Find out the optimum portfolio.
Company Alpha Beta Residual Variance
A 3.72 0.99 9.35
B 0.6 1.27 5.92
C 0.41 0.96 9.79
D -0.22 1.21 5.39
E 0.45 0.75 4.52
- What is beta? Is it a better measure of risk than Standard Deviation
- Diversification of Risk
- Traditional approach in Portfolio construction
- Systematic Vs Unsystematic
- Efficient frontier of Markowitz Model
- Portfolio Evaluation
- Active Management
CORPORATE EVOULTION AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
1. What is strategic management? Describe its nature?
2. Describe the process of Strategic Planning and implementation
3. What is organizational value? Its impact of Strategy?
4. Describe Power Games amongst competing Players?
5. What is the role of Chief Executive in strategic Management?
6. What is the meaning of Turn-around management? How can it be made effective?
7. How do you manage Strategic change and its impact on corporate world?
8. Describe Mergers and its role in business?
9. What is Acquisition? State the reasons why companies go for Acquisition?
10. Describe the role of Strategic Management in international Firms?
11. Differentiate merger and Acquisition?
12. Define Strategic Intent and Vision and state their significance in today’s business.
13. Outline the concept of core competence.
14. What is strategy and corporate evolution its role in Indian business?
15. What is the scope of Strategic management in international business?
16. Role of top management in corporate evolution and strategic management?
17. Write about the 7’s frame work?
18. Write about the corporate level/grand strategies?
19. Explain the growth strategies?
20. What are the steps involved in strategic control?
21. Explain the concept of Balance Score Card?
22. Define Strategic Audit?
23. State the Following:
a. BCG matrix
b. GE/ Mc kinsey multi factor portfolio matrix
c. Corporate Social Responsibility
24. Define Strategy and Structure?
SALES AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT
1. Explain the concept of sales management? What are its objectives and functions?
2. What are the steps involved in selling process?
3. What do you mean by salesmanship?
4. Does salesmen require the knowledge of product and customer knowledge. Critically evaluate?
5. What are the different types of sales planning?
6. What are the different methods of sales forecasting ?
7. Describe the concept of sales territories?
8. What do you mean by Sales quota. What are the different types of Sales Quotas
9. Explain about Sales Budget?
10. What are the different stages involved in recruitment and selection of sales force?
11. What are the different types of training and development activities followed in the organization for sales force?
12. Explain the following:
a) placement and induction
c) sales contests
13. State the methods involved in evaluating sales force performance?
14. Explain the process involved in measuring the sales persons expenses?
15. What are the different channels of distribution and explain the factors effecting in selection of distribution channels?
b) Supply chain management
c) Cost and profitability
d) Sales meetings
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- What is training?
- What is the difference between training and development?
- Explain the process of Training.
- What is the Role and Responsibilities of Training manager?
- What are the different challenges facing by the Training managers?
- What is the importance of training in the present scenario?
- Discuss the Training needs.
- Action research.
- How the training needs are assessed.
- Explain the importance of Lesson planning and its need in the training program.
- Explain the process of learning.
- What is the importance of effective training climate at the time Training period?
- Explain the different training methods and techniques.
- What are the different training aids or teaching aids?
- How a training program can be planned effectively.
BUS 4.5. M: MARKETING OF SERVICES
1. Explain The Emergence of Service Economy
2. Explain Nature of Services
3. Distinction between Goods and Services Marketing
4. State and explain the Marketing Challenges in Service Businesses
5. Discuss Marketing Framework for service Businesses
1. Classification of Services
2. Explain the process of Service Product Development
3. The Service Encounter
4. Explain the models of The Service Consumer Behavior
5. Service Management Trinity
6. Service Vision and Service Strategy
1. Explain Service Quality Issues and Quality Models
2. Explain the Demand - Supply Management;
3. Explain Advertising, Branding and Packaging of Services
4. Explain Service Recovery.
1. Explain the Management and Relationship Marketing
2. Explain Marketing of Financial Services – The Indian Scene
3. Explain the Designing of Service Strategy.
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
1. Define HRD and write about concept of the work?
2. What are the various HRD sub systems? Discuss in brief each sub system?
3. List out the contributions of HRDsub systems to HRDgoals?
4. Describe staffing of HRD
5. What are the various tarring methods for operative supervisor and managers?
6. What are the various instructional strategies for HRD?
7. Describe HRD climate in Indian organization and issue structures.
8. Descriabae approaches of HRD.
9. How an organization can design HRD system?
10 Describe the relationship between HRD and Organizational Change.
1.Define Int Marketing. State the difference between Int. Marketing and Domestic Marketing
2. Write about
a)World Bank b)IMF c)UNCTAD
3. State in detail the EXIM policy
4. Write about the Export Promotion Councils
5. Describe the Export documentations
6. Write about the instruments of payments in int. marketing
7. Discuss in detail the int. marketing segmentation
8. Define marketing envt. and write about international economic envt.
9. Explain IPLC.
10. Write about the International Distribution policy
11. State the concept of international promotional mix elements
12. Write about the institutional infrastructure for Export promotion.
13. Explain in detail international product policy.
14. Explain the export management.
15. Tariff And Non-Tariff barriers effecting Int. Marketing
- Economic communities
- Commodity agreements
- Non Fiscal Barriers
- Export Quotations
- Letter of credit
- International Advertising
- EPRG Schema